Thursday, December 29, 2016

Fleur de Lis Quilts Best of 2016


Oh my goodness! Earlier in the week I wrote a "look back and evaluate" post for 2016. But when I decided to add it to the Meadow Mist Designs linky party, I discovered that this party is for your five best posts. Well, I didn't do that! It that just like me? So I'm writing another post and this time I've read the instructions!


My choices for top five in 2016 and why I chose each one:
5. a wave of little finishes:  Ford sun visors / studio chair / hundreds lots garment repairs / just a bunch of little things

4.  The Quarry / Quilty 365 / pretty impressed / stuck to one project for a long time (not 365 days) / circles and circles


The Quarry

3.  scrap projects / scrap control / this scrap quilt / using lots of scraps / attention grabbing popular post 


Scrap Quilt
2.  learn to paint / my ideas / combine painting and quilting / my favorite project / working on a third piece
Blue Cotton on the Stalk

1. For the second year in a row: Most viewed tutorial / best tutorial / most good for the world / number one post for 2016 and all time / updated version of the pattern and tutorial for the preemie gowns / Children's Miracle Network hospital / find the original post on my tutorials page / why these little gowns are important to my family / why I make them (too many words but okay somehow)




And there you have it: my top five posts for 2016. If you happened here from the Meadow Mist party, thanks for visiting and please leave a comment. If you found me some other way, please click on over and visit a few more of the 80+ blogs (as of Thursday night) that are participating in the party. Lots of fun seeing which posts others chose and why.  And even more fun for me is finding out who comes by...leave a note and I'll visit your blog.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Another productive blogger! Beautiful modern quilts and precious little NICU gowns. Thanks for the tutorial--I'm going to try it and see how it goes. Wish me luck...

Warm Quilts said...

I read through your links and you've accomplished so much this year. The 'wave of little finishes' items are adorable. We have a dear friend who is a cotton farmer so I love the "Blue Cotton on the Stalk". And, as a preemie, thank you for the pattern and tutorial for the preemie gowns. I plan on contacting the hospital where my twin sister and I were born to see if they accept the gowns. Here's to a productive 2017!

Cheryl said...

Great post! You accomplished a lot in 2016 and your modern quilts are beautiful!

Carie @ Space for the Butterflies said...

Oh your quilts are beautiful especially the Quarry and I love both the premie gowns and your motivation to make and share them, what a lovely way to give back

Kaja said...

Your circles are one of my favourites, along with Blue Cotton on the Stalk, so it's nice to see them both making an appearance here.

Sandra Walker said...

Oh how I LOVE your scrap quilt! I need to do something like that this coming year with my scraps. The blue cotton one is incredible too. Learning or trying ha to paint is something on my bucket list. After reading the tragedy that befell Lindsay and Bjork of pinchofyum.com, the preemie gown means a lot more to me and I will check that out.