Friday, November 13, 2015

A box, some dies, a quilt or 2?

I received a package last week that I've not told you about.  A nice big box of Accuquilt dies!  YAY!  



It's always nice to hit a sale. And it's extra nice to have a little money squirreled away to take advantage of a sale.  Guess what.  I. Had.  Both!

Studio Double Wedding Ring-17" Finished (5-Die Set)
50007
Ordered: 1
Shipped: 1
$120.00
Studio Drunkard's Path-4 1/2" Finished
50099
Ordered: 1
Shipped: 1
$96.00
Studio Flowers Trio (Long Cut)
50437
Ordered: 1
Shipped: 1
$45.00
Studio Forget Me Not (Long Cut)
50433
Ordered: 1
Shipped: 1
$39.00
Studio Double Wedding Ring Optional Arc
50008
Ordered: 1
Shipped: 1
$24.00
Studio Super Giant Strip Cutter-3" (2 1/2" Finished) 4 Strips
50010
Ordered: 1
Shipped: 1
$96.00
Returned

But, I guess, I got a bit greedy.  I ordered one die incorrectly.  I really want a 2 1/2 inch strip die.  I also want the die to fit what I have--meaning I can't get the super giant size.  


The tray and the cutting plastics I have already are about 8 inches short. So I've returned the last item on the list, but maybe I'll be able to make another order soon.  I have started a new wishlist.  The thing is, though, I had the last wishlist for about two years.


And so, I started a new quilt top.  My purpose?  To use the Drunkard's Path die set that came in the box.  So, what to do?  I pulled the dotted fabric first, found some solids that coordinated well, and just started cutting.  


And started sewing and sewing.  The 1/4 circle takes time.  Lots of time.  It's sort of tight.  Not impossible, of course.  But tight.  And after I cut and sewed for a couple of days (meaning hours) I came to realize two things: there would not be enough fabric and the quilt was wanting something else.



So, it's slowing changing.  I've added some more solids...in pastel colors because all those primaries were getting nauseating.  Well, maybe "the Louisiana crud" (sinus issues, sore throat, upset stomach, headache, malaise) that I've been fighting is what's really nauseating me.  If all goes well (and since I slept the entire day) I'll be fit for a few stitches tomorrow and Sunday.



We'll see whether I have one too-colorful quilt or two.  It could go either way right now.

No comments: