Friday, February 20, 2015

Pin It Weekly #102

Goodness, I almost missed the whole week! Two days of Mardi Gras, New Orleans, and grandchildren will do that to a person.  

"Behold, your mother" (Jn 19:26-27).  "O Mary, model of a perfect communion, help us to receive Jesus worthily." - Monsignor de Segur.  This sums up perfectly the role of the Eucharist and the role of Mary in our salvation:  in that Mary is the type of the Church.  Like Mary, we are to say "yes" to God (he called, she answered).  Like Mary, we are to receive Jesus-- we are to allow Jesus to dwell in us, and our bodies are meant to be tabernacles;  temples of the Holy Spirit.  To want to recei...
But now Lent has begun and we've become busy with retreats, Way of the Cross, and praying the Rosary.  I thought it would be a good idea to find a few pins that I can share with friends on FB and use in my prayer life during the Lenten season.  
10 Virtues of the Proverbs 31 Woman | A Virtuous Woman
The quickest way to Jesus. There's no such thing as loving her more than Jesus. If you want your whole heart to be His, put it in His mother's hands. (The Mother of pure Love.   made in France, Boumard Fils, France  dated on back as received in 1920)


Remembering inspiring quotes from St. Catherine of Siena on her feast day April 29 (Image via Lawrence OP, Flickr)
Would like to do this on my big chalkboard . . . Primitive STENCIL In Our Home Family Rules with Bible Verses by OaklandStencil, $21.95

Let us not grow tired of prayer: confidence works miracles.  - St. Thérèse of Lisieux


Bible Verse on Canvas, Christian Art, Rustic Vintage Style, Bible Verse Wall Decor, Joshua 1:9

Mother Teresa’s Humility List  1. Speak as little as possible about yourself.2. Keep busy with your own affairs and not those of others.3. Avoid curiosity.4. Do not interfere in the affairs of others.5. Accept small irritations with good humor.6. Do not dwell on the faults of others.7. Accept censures even if unmerited.8. Give in to the will of others.9. Accept insults and injuries.10. Accept contempt, being forgotten and disregarded.11. Be courteous and delicate even when provoked by someone.

Mother Teresa of Calcutta

"The world offers you comfort. But you were not made for comfort. You were made for greatness."- Pope Benedict XVI

"It is a poverty to decide that a child must die so that you may live as you wish."

The fate of the apostles and where they rest

Free Catholic Holy Cards - Catholic Prayer Cards - St Therese of Lisieux - St. Joseph - Our Lady of Guadalupe - Sacred Heart of Jesus - John Paul the Great - Support Missionary work

Padre Pio. Well explained. And on the state of the world important to remember.

Virgen de Lourdes

"Sainte Bernadette priez pour nous" by rosewithoutathorn84, via Flickr

patience

Lord Jesus, heal me.  Heal in me whatever you see needs healing.  Heal me of whatever might separate me from You.  Heal my memory, heal my heart, heal my emotions, heal my spirit, heal my soul.  Lay Your hands gently upon me and Heal me through Your love for me.  Amen.

Mary and a sleeping child Jesus. If God can find rest with her I have full trust I can, too.

From our Lord's mother at Fatima. Ask her to pray for us!!

St. Francis Xavier. The little things that no one notices, work to do those things the best because no vain-glory can come from it.

Stations of the Cross and other Lenten traditions http://www.osv.com/Portals/0/images/pdf/LentenGuidePoster.pdf (link takes you to a downloadable PDF)


No comments: