Saturday, February 14, 2015

A Valentine Helper

I've had a fairly productive couple of days.  We are out of school for the Mardi Gras break, and since there was no school yesterday, I was able to complete a few small projects.  


 I also managed to pick up and arrange some little Valentine surprise bags for the grandchildren.  I don't usually buy chocolate for them as they all like what we call "junk candy."  The sweet or sour stuff like Skittles, Sour Patch, Lemonheads.  Don't get me wrong, I'll eat those, too, but I grab the chocolate first!  


Since Marley came by this morning she was the first to get her bag. She helped me arrange the bags so I could snap a photo.  Of course, she had to cheese it up a bit.  She also added a few other items to the coffee table arrangement: a feather and an empty Skittles container.  Apparently her mom gave her dad some candy and this was part of the package.  Marley decided she wanted the plastic container.  Then she gave it to me for my Valentine gift from her.  


She refused to give me the feather.  That's her mom's gift!  For some reason she is fascinated with chicken feathers.  She picks one up every time she comes for a visit.  No one is complaining because for a while it was the rocks in the driveway.  Not a problem, generally, but she has a bit of a temper.  A rock is not something I want her to have when she is also having a tantrum.  


The puppy also appreciate that her fascination is now more along the lines of tickles.  They don't seem to mind being tickled with a chicken feather, and they love discovering a forgotten feather!

1 comment:

Kaja said...

This post made me laugh, but she is cute!