Monday, October 27, 2014

Modern Mondays

Last Monday I told you about one of the Louisiana Traveling Quilt blocks that I worked on in an attempt to catch up with everyone else. 

I had fallen behind while the studio was playing storeroom to the house, so I needed to work on several blocks as quickly as possible. Happily, I am now caught up.  Or at least I don't have a quilt top right now.


So I thought I'd tell you about the other quilt that I worked on.  

Unfortunately I don't have very many pictures of the quilt.

This is the quilt as it arrived at my house (only it's much prettier in person).  Of course, I fell in love!  I decided to add one more color by adding another border to the bottom.   


I made a long strip of piano keys in the neutrals that are so dominant in the center with a little of this teal that I've been saving for a special quilt.  It has a fun pattern of strips of newspaper. 



Eventually I had enough piano keys to reach from one end to the other.  Then it was just a matter of stitching them together and sewing them in.


If you look closely in this last photo, you can see the newspaper strips.  It was the reason that I bought the fabric.  As a reader, I simply could not walk away from it.


Visit the Louisiana Traveling Quilt Pinterest site to see more pictures of the quilts as they are added to.

1 comment:

Marty Mason said...

Love your addition Mary. Aren't we having fun!