Friday, October 10, 2014

Grands and more grands

It's a big Friday evening and we have three of the grandchildren; two are sleeping over.  We've had supper, played Tag, kissed several boo-boos and are about to have to pick up lots of ribbon and bows. The business of playing Tag in the house is a rarity, but we had great fun.  

Most of the space hogging, toe-stubbing furniture is still out, so there's lots of room for chasing each other.  Marley is fast, but she can't take sharp turns and kept rolling herself...hence the boo-boos.  After one band-aid and a set of fake tears that her Poppa fell for--and got tagged as a result--we were so out of breathe that we were forced to stop.

 
 Dusti has asked to go through the bow and belt box.  I have an entire box left over from a few Christmases ago, and I'm very sure that I'm not going to make another craft fair any time in the near future.  It's just to difficult to teach, craft and sell.  In fact, I've not been able to craft at all.  It's much too difficult to find time for quilting, let alone adding in some time for extra fun.


So, I've decided to let the girls go at the pretty ribbons.  Dusti got first choice since she is the one who started the whole thing. Marley happened to be in the right place at exactly the right moment.  That leaves Alayna, Jolie, Caki and Sophie.  Alayna does not bother with bows, and Jolie will no doubt wear a few of the 12 or so that Dusti snagged.  That means I really need to pick out a few and send them to the other cutie-pies.  They wear bows to mass and for special occasions, so a box of bows may cause a bit of excitement. 


Thinking about it has me excited about brightening their day!  I think I'll try to get to that box tomorrow so that Richard can mail it on Monday.  I'll let you know how it goes.


The only grandchild left out is Lane, who turned down both ribbon belts and hair-bows.  He did, however, score a couple of caps and a Spongebob teeshirt from his Uncle Adam. Check out his reaction to my offer of a hairbow.


He's a pretty big boy and takes teasing in stride.  Just like his daddy, calm and laid-back, this is about as  riled as he gets. 

No comments: