Saturday, July 19, 2014

Krotz Springs Quilter's Challenge

Earlier in the week I wrote about the Krotz Springs Quilt Show but I didn't tell all there is to say about that event.  For example, I didn't mention the guild challenge, which has to do with Louisiana.  

Those members interested in participating had two opportunities to make quilts with a Louisiana theme.  Some made a small quilt--perhaps 16 x 16, although I'm not certain of the exact size and there was nothing that I saw to indicate the rules.






Anyone who is an LSU fan has seen this logo in the form of a poster, postcard, or flyer.  It's become a huge hit for LSU.  The maker of this quilt is likely a huge LSU fan.  Her rendering of the LSU logo is pretty cool.








This is the web announcement from the Louisiana Kitchen and Culture websiteThe Krotz Springs Quilters Guild (KSQG) is presenting the one day event with The Louisiana Quilt on display. A record breaking attendance of almost 400 people enjoyed last year's show. View a beautiful display of quilts and needlework demonstrations, shop the silent auction and boutique. Free admission, free parking, accessible, bottled water for sale and eateries available. 


The center of the quilt has a green map of the state and a picture of the Louisiana State Archives building.


Because I'm an Avoyelles girl, I snapped a pic of the Avoyelles block.  With 64 different blocks, I decided that I couldn't possibly get them all, so I chose carefully. 


Come back tomorrow for Sunday Quilt inspiration.  

No comments: